John Kilpatrick recently posted an interesting email on the Genevanet list server. I hope he does not mind me recycling his post, but he pointed us to an interesting article at Tech Central Station entitled Why Intelligent Design Is Going to Win by Douglas Kern. I don’t think Mr. Kern has a particular axe to grind in the argument – if he does then he covered it well – but the article made the following headline points:
- ID will win because it’s a religion-friendly, conservative-friendly, red-state kind of theory, and no one will lose money betting on the success of red-state theories in the next fifty to one hundred years. [“Red-State” = Republican-voting – Ed.]
- ID will win because the pro-Darwin crowd is acting like a bunch of losers.
- ID will win because it can be reconciled with any advance that takes place in biology, whereas Darwinism cannot yield even an inch of ground to ID.
- ID will win because it can piggyback on the growth of information theory, which will attract the best minds in the world over the next fifty years.
- ID will win because ID assumes that man will find design in life — and, as the mind of man is hard-wired to detect design, man will likely find what he seeks.
Read the whole article to see why.